Learn the benefits of cloud storage and enhance your business potency
Advancements in modern technology have changed the way we deal with data. A decade ago, the common practice was to store data on computing hardware and in-house servers. With the expansion in the volume of data and the onslaught of natural and man-made disasters, better and safer ways are needed for storing data.
This is where cloud computing comes into action. Cloud storage and file sharing services store data online in a virtual environment. The data can be accessed by multiple users from different devices over the internet. This eliminates the requirement to have a particular device (such as a laptop) to carry out work. It also removes the constraint of the geographic location where the device is placed, as data can be accessed from any device, anywhere.
As per the findings of a survey, use of cloud storage and file sharing has increased the competitive advantage of businesses by manifolds. According to latest figures, cloud computing services have a market worth of $141 billion.
So what makes cloud computing so profitable and why do businesses opt it? To answer that query, let us look at the top three proven benefits of cloud storage and file sharing for businesses:
- Most cloud computing services have a user friendly interface. They are easy to use and do not require superior technical knowledge for operation. The user can upload the file on a cloud service by using the simple feature of drag and drop. The drag and drop feature simplifies the process of extracting files from local storage and uploading them on cloud storage.
Likewise, files can be retrieved from the cloud storage without any hassle.
Safety and Security
Cloud services are the preferred choice because they provide backup and data recovery options. Backup and recovery of data are important components of the disaster recovery strategy for any small business. Cloud computing service providers make use of the following strategies for ensuring the safety and security of their client’s data:
- Sufficient storage space for backup of files
- Frequent and regular backup
- An uncomplicated way of restoring data from backup
Cloud servers deploy the strategy of data redundancy and replication. The data of the user is made redundant by copying it and saving it across multiple data servers. By doing so, it is ensured that the data remains protected in case one of the data centers collapses.
- Some cloud service providers backup data at an offsite location as well. In the unlikely event of data being corrupted or lost at the server, the backup will keep the data safe.
It is important to hire a reliable IT firm that would provide you cloud computing services. If your business is located in the tri-state area, look up Outsource My IT. They provide top-class and customized cloud storage and file sharing services to big and small businesses.
Easier Accessibility and Enhanced Business Productivity
- The onslaught of Covid-19 has brought forth the importance of online connectivity. The idea behind cloud sharing is to enhance the accessibility of data and to remove the constraint of geographic location. 50-70% of the workforce of multiple corporations work remotely at least once a week. Cloud storage services allow employees to work from any location.
Cloud services allow businesses to regulate their processes and enhance business productivity in the following ways:
- Smooth synchronization of files and data from any location.
- Easier mechanism for file sharing. For example, most email services do not support files bigger than 25 MB. Cloud services are free of such restrictions.