Learn how cloud file sharing transforms workflow – 5 key insights
Creating, storing, and managing files are essential tasks for an organization’s daily operations. It’s imperative to have a convenient and efficient means of sharing content with your team to complete projects successfully. Many organizations are now capitalizing on the advantages offered by cloud-based file-sharing systems. This article highlights the benefits of cloud file sharing.
- One of the primary advantages of cloud-based file sharing is improved content accessibility. When a company relies on on-premises servers for content storage and applications, files are confined to local access only. Team members must be physically present at the company’s premises to access the files stored on in-house servers, causing project delays when critical files are inaccessible.
Companies employing a cloud-based file system can instantly access content for team members without depending on-premises servers and local IT infrastructure. Cloud file systems enable team members to retrieve and open files from any location, provided they have a computer, tablet, or phone with internet connectivity. The flexibility of a cloud-based file system allows companies to grant file access to individuals as needed for their workloads.
Effortless Backup and Recovery
- Cloud file-sharing and storage services provide organizations with a seamless solution for backing up and recovering crucial data. Additionally, depending on the chosen cloud storage service, it offers the flexibility to adapt and expand backup requirements effectively.
Cloud vendors prioritize the safety and accessibility of your data. The cloud allows your organization to adhere to the best practices by offering:
- Adequate storage capacity for maintaining reliable file backups.
- A secure off-site location for storing essential files.
- A simple method for frequent data backup and restoration.
This ensures that your organization’s data remains secure, readily available, and adaptable to evolving backup needs.
- One of the primary drawbacks of opting for an on-premises file storage solution is its substantial expenses. The initial setup involves significant costs, as it necessitates the installation of extensive servers and hardware tailored to your company’s file storage requirements. Furthermore, maintaining on-premises servers demands an in-house IT team capable of managing and addressing potential issues.
In contrast, cloud file sharing offers a more cost-effective alternative with significantly lower setup costs. The key factor contributing to the cost-effectiveness of the cloud is the diminished necessity for procuring, installing, and sustaining on-premises servers. Rather than managing files locally, cloud service providers take charge of installing and maintaining the required hardware for delivering cloud file storage services. This approach also entails the management of associated overhead costs, relieving the burden on your in-house IT team.
Data Security and Safety
- When files are locally stored on a device, they become susceptible to cyber-attacks and data breaches. Hackers can get into your system and gain access to confidential data. They infect your computer with a malicious virus that can develop software issues and cause you to lose your data permanently.
The smartest thing to do to protect your data is to keep it in the cloud. Fortunately, many of the cloud services offer encryption for your files, thereby preventing unauthorized access.
- Cloud storage enhances the management of the content lifecycle by providing greater visibility. Cloud-based file sharing empowers administrators and IT teams with control over individual access to files. In addition, user authentication measures and information rights management offer the capability to limit access to specific files.
These features ensure that only authorized individuals can access and edit designated files. Moreover, audit histories can be utilized to monitor workflow progress, providing valuable insights into each stage of the content lifecycle.
End the hassle of searching for files in the office and safeguard your data with us. Outsource My IT utilizes the Office 365 file-sharing solution to offer businesses a secure, cloud-based environment for important files. Call us at (973) 638-2722. We are working at our firm in New Jersey.