Think about all of the businesses around you. By now you probably know which ones have free Wi-Fi, which ones have password-protected access to their system, and which haven’t secured their systems at all. After all, their networks show up on your tablet or smartphone when it searches for a Wi-Fi signal.
Maybe you take pride in the fact that you chose a password for your business’s Wi-Fi that is difficult—or even impossible—to guess. That’s a great start, but a good password is only the beginning. Outsource My IT has the tools and expertise to ensure that access to your wireless network is secure against threats from hackers and unwanted cyber prowlers.
So, what do you need to know about wireless security?
- Yes, you need to have password-protected access to your Wi-Fi.
- Encryption is an important tool in the fight against tampering and cyber crime.
- A professional can tell you whether someone can gain access to a wireless port or source that isn’t encrypted.
- If your business has guest Wi-Fi access, that access has to be through a separate network with set permissions.
- Routers can be vulnerable points of access.
Since so much goes into securing your network, it is critical that you work with a professional provider of comprehensive wireless network services.