Still on a wired network? Learn how wireless networking benefit businesses and you’ll reconsider
Wireless networking has become a norm in today’s world. It is very beneficial, especially for online businesses. You can access your entire business all around the world easily through a wireless network.
What is a Wireless Network?
- A wireless network allows devices with wireless capabilities to access information and resources without physically connecting to a network. A wireless local area network (WLAN) is a group of wireless network nodes within a limited geographic area where wireless communication is possible.
It is a network that connects stations or devices using electromagnetic waves in free space. This includes all equipment such as access points (APs) and wireless routers, as well as consumer devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. It manages all of these devices, so you have a reliable connection to your organization.
Benefits Of Wireless Networking
- Every second is important to your business, and a wireless device is a powerful tool that increases productivity and facilitates communication. You get unlimited access to documents, emails, applications, and other resources. It gives employees access to the resources they need to get their jobs done irrespective of their geographical locations.
Surprisingly, wireless networks offer many advantages over traditional wired networks, few of them are as follows:
- Wireless networks allow mobile users to access information in real-time, allowing businesses to move around without disconnecting from the network. This improves teamwork and productivity throughout the company, which is not possible with traditional networks.
Ensures Continuity and Improves Productivity
- Wireless networks provide tremendous value to employees by allowing them to stay in touch wherever they are. The efficient use of WNM (Wireless Network Management) means network administrators can detect problems promptly which reduces downtime and business disruption.
It must be said that this helps in improving productivity and employee satisfaction. Not only is it more efficient, but it also saves you time and money by not having to ask for support.
Speed and Ease of Installation
- Installing a wireless network system reduces the number of cables needed for setting up a system. Cables are difficult to install and can pose a safety risk if employees trip over them. WLAN can be installed quickly and easily compared to traditional networks.
Avoid Network Downtime
Nowadays, most people carry portable wireless technology, so there are more wireless devices on the network than wired ones. The advantage of WNM is that it handles all these devices and allows network administrators to quickly and accurately solve any problem. This results in decreased downtime.
Easy access to Cloud Host
- What makes it cooler is that you can use the cloud easily on the wireless network. This means you can access cloud storage instantly from anywhere. Another advantage for the company is that cloud connection is done automatically, so there is no need for maintenance like software updates or lengthy backup processes.
This means there is no disruption to the network or users. Cloud hosting is the best option as you can access your business all around the world without any problem. It is low cost as well because it cuts down many expenses of extra hardware and software.
- Transforming your network to wireless systems isn’t just a technology change. It is also a cultural shift that puts your business down the road of becoming a modern digital enterprise. Organizations using this approach can lower operating costs, increase productivity, increase agility, and attract and retain the best talent of the millennial generation.
If you are looking for an expert to help in building a wireless network for you, try Outsource My IT. Outsource My IT is a professional wireless network manager and installation company.