Protecting your data from cyber attacks is just as important as any aspect of your business. Imagine what would happen if suddenly a cybercriminal locks all your data and asks for a ransom to release it?
A lot of businesses have experienced this and coming out of this disaster is very hard especially if the business is small or medium. At Outsource My IT, we provide several cybersecurity services to protect businesses like you. We also believe it is important to educate businessmen about the modern threats they face in the IT world and how to protect themselves.
As a result, we have listed down 5 tips to help you enhance the IT security of your business. We’ll also tell you why it is important to outsource your IT security at the end of this post. So make sure you read through all of these tips till the end.
You’re In The Target List for Hackers
- Don’t ever think that you are not going to be targetted by hackers just because you are a small or medium business. Every single business entity in 2020 is at a high risk of being targeted by cybercriminals.
Cybersecurity is your responsibility and by following preventative measures, you can effectively protect yourself from this rising threat of cyber attacks.
Keep Your Computers and Devices Up-to-Date
- It is very important to install security updates on your devices. Whether you are using a Windows PC, a MAC, or an Android/iOS device, you have to make sure every time there is an update available, you allow the system to download and install it.
The best way to do this is to enable automatic updates for your device. Next, ensure that you are using a secure browser such as Firefox or Chrome because these two receive frequent security updates that protect you against cyber threats.
Beware of Phishing Scams
- Phishing scams through emails have become very common. Surprisingly, a lot of employees fall for these phishing scams which is proof that businesses are not paying attention to their cybersecurity protocols.
Phishing scams are typically carried through emails or network sites. The best way to protect yourself from these scams is to prepare and train your employees to detect and discard these emails.
- Hold IT-security classes at your business at frequent intervals and educate your team to deal with these.
Update Passwords Often
- It is not a good practice to use the same password across all sites and applications. Change your passwords in a timely manner and never reuse the same password for more than one application.
Through the internet, scammers often release and install malware into your systems that can detect the keystrokes and record passwords. So keep running anti-malware software to remove these and update your passwords frequently to stay protected.
Outsource IT Security
- As the reach of the internet grows, the threat of cyber-attacks significantly increases. With all these threats out there, how can you be so sure that your systems are well protected? Often times, the internal IT team deals with these threats by using default security protocols provided by network device manufacturers, computer or software manufacturers, and security provided by email providers.
These are not enough to fight back the growing threat of cyber attacks. This is why you have to think about outsourcing IT security to professionals like Outsource My IT.
- We ensure that modern security measures are provided to you in a complete security feature. With us, you will get a dedicated firewall, a gateway antivirus, malware protection, encryption, training, backups, and security cameras.
Talk to us today to learn how we can help protect your business from the looming threat of cyber attacks.