Learn here how VoIP phone systems are more efficient and cost-effective for small businesses
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a type of technology that allows you to make phone calls over the internet. VoIP is cost-effective because it needs only an active internet connection to work. VoIP is the modern alternative to phone lines and on-site phone exchanges, that were previously predominant across most businesses.
We have compiled 5 logical reasons that can help you consider switching to a VoIP system for your business. Read about them below:
VoIP Lowers Business Costs
- A standard VoIP setup utilizes your existing internet connection to make and receive calls. You don’t need to spend a lot of money purchasing expensive hardware and then paying IT specialists to set it up. VoIP is easy to set up and you can begin using it within minutes.
VoIP does not require any wires nor does it require setting up an on-site exchange. It offers more customizability options and very low monthly charges. A hosted VoIP is even cheaper than an in-house VoIP setup. The only cost you’ll incur is internet cost. VoIP uses very little data and call quality is better than calling from a traditional phone line.
VoIP Offers Outstanding Customer Experiences
- Over the years VoIP systems have undergone a massive transformation. Initially, they only allowed people to make calls over the internet. Now VoIP offers several automated and business-specific features. Modern VoIP systems offer automated attendant, caller distribution, hold music, welcome greeting, service rating menu, call recordings, and phone directories.
Most VoIP systems have inbuilt data analytics features. These features allow you to access and analyze data related to total inbound and outbound calls. Other collected data includes call duration, caller identification, client information, caller location data, and time-based call volume figures
VoIP Has Built-In Advanced Cyber Security
- VoIP now has built-in cybersecurity and data encryption features that every modern business needs to have. In the past decade, cyber crimes have risen sharply. Businesses need to take steps to ensure their and their customer’s data is safe.
VoIP offers automatic blocking and declining of calls from scammers, screening calls from withheld numbers, end-to-end call encryption, VPN, anti-hacking, and regular software updates. VoIP’s advanced security features prevent anyone else from tapping in and listening to your phone calls.
VoIP Needs Minimum Maintenance
VoIP systems require minimum maintenance that can be performed by your business’s IT specialists. The absence of complex hardware, networking equipment, and wires aim to make everyone’s lives a lot easier.
If you have a hosted VoIP system, then the only thing you need to worry about is getting regular patches and security updates from your service provider.
VoIP Integrates With Your Company Software
- Modern VoIP comes with advanced options and data analytics features. Your business can benefit the most from these features by utilizing VoIP’s ability to seamlessly integrate with your business software.
Most VoIP providers also provide specific software that allows the company to transfer analytics data to its computers for record-keeping and analysis.
- VoIP allows smaller businesses to get the phone call functionality of larger businesses at a fraction of the cost. VoIP is the new industry standard and many businesses are actively making the switch from traditional phone lines.
At Outsource My IT, we are a team of highly qualified IT professionals in New Jersey that help businesses switch to better and newer technologies. If you are interested in learning more about how VoIP can benefit your business, simply get in touch with us by calling (973)638-2722. Our team will analyze your requirements by conducting a thorough assessment of your business. We will then suggest packages best suited to your needs and budget.